PostgreSQL -- we like it big! (Maryland, USA)

From: Theo Schlossnagle <jesus(at)omniti(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL -- we like it big! (Maryland, USA)
Date: 2005-12-06 15:41:07
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Position: PostgreSQL Administrator
Company: OmniTI Computer Consulting, Inc.
Location: Columbia, Maryland (relocation required)
Eligibilty: Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Resumes to: jobs at omniti dot com

Synopsis:

Lead the administration and managment of several large database
instances with a focus on PostreSQL.

Skills:

o Deep knowledge of PostgreSQL in a mission critical no-downtime
environment.
o Understanding of PostgreSQL disaster recover techniques
(point-in-time recovery, backups and restores).
o Strong grasp of PL/pgsql, PL/perl and SQL.
o PostgreSQL query tuning.
o Basic Linux or Solaris administration skills
(excellent administration skills are a plus)
o Familiarity with MySQL and Oracle

Description environment:

We manage several terabyte-sized databases in Oracle, MySQL and
PostgreSQL. Our PostgreSQL instance serves as the datawarehouse
store for a large, heavily used Oracle OLTP system. Active
data replication happens from Oracle and to Oracle and MySQL.
In this position you will be responsible for overseeing the ongoing
health of the PostgreSQL system and its interoperability with other
production databases. You will build and maintain new data
replication facilities from non-PostgreSQL databases. You will
assist users in tuning queries and tuning large recurrent production
data mining tasks. This is an opportunity to work with one of the
larger PostgreSQL instances around (frequently used tables with
1 billion rows).