PG DBA / SQL Developer Needed, Mobile Workforce Management

From: Kyle Cordes <kyle(at)kylecordes(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PG DBA / SQL Developer Needed, Mobile Workforce Management
Date: 2005-11-21 19:12:25
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Mobile Workforce Management LLC is a startup firm which provides hosted
software services to help our customers manage their mobile workforces.
We have started with one narrow vertical market, but we are building an
increasingly generic product, to expand to other vertical markets in the
future. Our database schema has about 80 tables and some of the tables
have many millions of rows. We use PostgreSQL 8.x on Windows and Linux.

We are currently looking for a PostgreSQL expert to assist us. The work
will include:

* Write and debug complex queries for features, reports, etc.

* Address performance problems – determine and test various indexes,
query plans, pre-calculated data,

* Design schemas to support desired features

* Support the rest of the team, in database design and implementation issues

* Assist with SQL optimization for our OLAP/DSS module (Knowledge of
OLAP/DSS is very helpful but not required)

* Set up Full Text Search

* Set up Replication (at least experimentally)

Our software is written in Java, so an ideal candidate will know Java at
least enough to read and understand it. Little or no Java coding will be
needed for the DBA work though.

This is a off-site, long-term, part-time (around 15-20 hours per week),
subcontract position. You will work at your own site, with your own
computer; you will work with little oversight and must have a strong
personal motivation to expand and enhance the software.

Our core developers are in St. Louis, MO, USA, but we are not limited to
USA-based subcontractors, we are open to highly skilled PostgreSQL
experts from around the world.

How to Apply

Please send this information:
* a description of relevant experience
* résumé or other skills description
* Availability information – how many hours per week can you work on
this project?
* Desired pay rate

To: jobs (at) mwmsolutions.com

No third parties - developers only. We are not able to offer H1B
sponsorship.