Re: Unicode Corruption and upgrading to 8.0.4. to 8.1

From: Howard Cole <howardnews(at)selestial(dot)com>
To: Markus Wollny <Markus(dot)Wollny(at)computec(dot)de>
Cc: PgSql General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Unicode Corruption and upgrading to 8.0.4. to 8.1
Date: 2005-12-06 14:37:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks Markus,

I am avoiding this solution at the moment since the database contains
binary (ByteA) fields aswell as text fields and I am unsure what iconv
would do to this data. If Zlatko's method does not work then I shall see
if I can programmatically use libiconv for all the relevant data.

Regards,

Howard Cole