Re: Attention of all PostgreSQL 8.1.0-2 Windows Installer

From: Ilias Goudaropoulos <ig(at)freemail(dot)gr>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>, Ports PostgreSQL <" pgsql-ports"(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Attention of all PostgreSQL 8.1.0-2 Windows Installer
Date: 2005-12-04 19:45:22
Lists: pgsql-ports

I agree that these errors indicate a proper install where the server
crashes after install. That is exactly what happens.

But! That bizzare behaviour does not manifest itself when using the
installers of previous versions of PostgreSQL.

For all versions of PostgreSQL that I have successfully installed so far
(8.0.4 and all others prior to that), I used the folder "C:\Program
Files\Postgresql\" for the PostgrerSQL files and the folder "D:\DBASES\"
for the database files. I tried the default folders as well but it did
not make any difference.

When I say script I mean the batch file that comes in the PostgreSQL
8.1.0-2 zip file.

I did not have to follow the steps you mention because I did not care
about the database I had running on PostgrSQL 8.0.4.

I unistalled the 8.0.4 version completely and deleted all database files
and folders. I.e. "D:\DBASES\" and "C:\Program Files\Postgresql\", which
is actually deleted automatically by the unistaller.

I hope the above info will be of some use to you.
Regards, Ilias