Re: accessing text of the query in a rule

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Toni Casueps <casueps(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: accessing text of the query in a rule
Date: 2005-12-02 18:32:55
Lists: pgsql-general

Toni Casueps wrote:
> I am making rules for a table and I want to know what values or
> variables can I use apart from the "new..." and old... fields, for
> example I would like to read the SQL query that the user wrote that
> caused this rule to execute. Can this be done?

No. And there's isn't necessarily an original query that's relevant.
What about a rule activated due to actions taken by a trigger. Are you
still interested in the user's query, or the query the trigger issued?

If there's a particular problem you're trying to solve, the details
might well give someone enough info to help.

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd