Re: How: single db, multiple users

From: Eric E <whalesuit(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How: single db, multiple users
Date: 2005-12-02 17:16:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Postgres' users are not specific to a database, they are shared across
all databases on a particular server.

At the database level, you can assign creation and other permissions to
users, but (AFAIK) you cannot deny users to a database. However, you can
effectively control users' access to a particular database by granting
or denying them access to a schema within that database.

Hope that helps,

Eric