Logging from multiple connections

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Logging from multiple connections
Date: 2005-11-23 22:56:56
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Just a couple jdbc logging suggestions.

Wading through loglevel=2 output today, it occurred to me that it would
be nice if the jdbc log file included a prefix with something to
identify the connection. Sometimes you can only get an error to occur
on a busy system with multiple active connections, and the jdbc log
currently mixes everything together, which can make it hard to follow.

A timestamp could also be useful, since I'm often trying to find
something in the jdbc log related to events from other logs which have a
timestamp.

If I've missed a way to configure these, please let me know.

-Kevin