Re: Application using PostgreSQL as a back end (experienced programmersplease)

From: Ilias Goudaropoulos <ig(at)freemail(dot)gr>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Application using PostgreSQL as a back end (experienced programmersplease)
Date: 2005-11-13 21:05:17
Lists: pgsql-novice

If you want to use a front end that will take you to the future without
having to worry about backward compatibility issues and a front end that
is pleasing to the eye and easy to use, then my suggestion is that you
use either Java or C#.

I have tried C# as a front end to PostgreSQL using NPGSQL library and I
have to admit that I am very pleased with the functionality and easiness
of the API. It is very easy to use and you can have your code
running on both Linux and Windows with no or very little change.

Java I have not tried, but since it is on the scene for a very long time
now, it has excellent support for connecting to PostgreSQL. The looks
of the GUIs constructed with JAVA is a matter of choice and personal
taste. Choose what you will.

I hope I was helpful to you.

http://www.freemail.gr - .