Tablespaces with Windows 2000

From: Stefan Balzter <ste_ba(at)web(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Tablespaces with Windows 2000
Date: 2005-11-13 19:47:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I'm having a hard time trying to create a tablespace with Windows 2000
and PostgreSQL 8. Is there a How-To somewhere on the Net? I only find
tablespace issues with Linux. One article even claimed it was impossible
with Windows, but since I've tried it successfully in a localhost
installation with WinXP, I know this isn't true.

The equivalent of the "owner" of a directory in Windows seems to be the
one who created it. IOW, when I created a tablespace with WinXP in a
directory that the owner of the postmaster service had created, it
worked. In another directory, it wouldn't work. However, somehow I can't
get it to work in a client-server environment with a Win 2000 server.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Stefan