Re: unixODBC vs postgeSQL driver on RHEL4?

From: "Rainer Hochreiter" <rainer(at)hochreiter(dot)at>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: unixODBC vs postgeSQL driver on RHEL4?
Date: 2005-10-17 11:55:36
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> Hello,
> I have utterly failed getting the postgreSQL ODBC driver working
> with unixODBC on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 for Intel (actually CentOS4
> but it's supposed to be the same thing) using the standard RPM packages.
> However, the driver provided with the unixODBC package works fine.
> I have tried lots of different tweaks in the config files and have
> concluded
> I must be missing something basic.
> I would simply shrug and use the unixODBC-provided driver, except
> that I'd like to use the most current ODBC driver and my understanding
> is the unixODBC-provided driver is somewhat out of date. Plus it's
> pretty damn annoying that I can't get it to work at all with the
> PostgreSQL-provided driver.
> Here's what I'm using:
>
> postgresql-server-7.4.8-1.RHEL4.1
> postgresql-odbc-7.3-8.RHEL4.1
> postgresql-libs-7.4.8-1.RHEL4.1
> postgresql-7.4.8-1.RHEL4.1
>
> unixODBC-devel-2.2.9-1
> unixODBC-2.2.9-1

hi,
have the same problem the other way around?!
here is what i have:
postgresql-7.3.4-3.rhl9.i386.rpm
postgresql-devel-7.3.4-3.rhl9.i386.rpm
postgresql-libs-7.3.4-3.rhl9.i386.rpm
postgresql-odbc-7.3-4.i386.rpm
postgresql-server-7.3.4-3.rhl9.i386.rpm

unixODBC-2.2.11-1.i386.rpm
unixODBC-devel-2.2.11-1.i386.rpm

BTW, how does your /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf look like?

;-) rainer