Re: Declare/Fetch

From: Marko Ristola <Marko(dot)Ristola(at)kolumbus(dot)fi>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: Johann Zuschlag <zuschlag2(at)online(dot)de>, anoopk(at)pervasive-postgres(dot)com, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Declare/Fetch
Date: 2005-11-02 22:15:47
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hi all.

I couldn't confirm, that the memory behaviour is good
for Declare/Fetch.

My tests lost memory about 125M, but
the behaviour should be good with forward only
cursors (about 5M proccess memory).

Without Declare/Fetch query result consumed 40M memory (600000 rows fetch).

I used Fetch=2, because it tells the worst behaviour.

So the idea with Declare/Fetch is that the memory footprint with the
process is constant,
while reading millions of rows from the database.

Regards,
Marko Ristola