Re: 8.1RC1 fails to build on OS X (10.4)

From: Idar Tollefsen <idart(at)performancedesign(dot)no>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.1RC1 fails to build on OS X (10.4)
Date: 2005-11-02 21:58:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> Well, I updated to Xcode 2.1 and ... it still works. So that's not the
> explanation.

I suppose it was a long shot. But thanks for the effort.

> I'm currently wondering if you have any nonstandard versions of system
> headers floating about, perhaps in /usr/local/include.

Well... Yes and no. I do have some in /usr/pkg/include (pkgsrc from
NetBSD), but that's not a location the compiler should pick up unless
instructed to. I see tuna is using Fink, but I don't know what it's
picking up from there. Readline?

I'll fire up grep in the morning and search for headers defining bool,
true and false.

- IT