Re: How to get the value in the lastvalue field

From: "Venki" <Venki(at)insoft(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to get the value in the lastvalue field
Date: 2005-10-26 12:42:32
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi
thanks for the replies. The situation is as follows. We get backups from the
production server and update the local database in the local server but each
time when we restore the database backup the sequence values are not getting
updated properly. So what i thought was to write a function which will check
the last value of the row in the table and compare it with the lastvalue of
the sequnce and if it is not proper then update the lastvalue of the
sequence to a proper value.

I Hope that i have explained the situation properly. If you have any other
suggestion it will be greatly helpful as we are new to postgres and might be
doing something wrong when restoring the database.

Regards
venki