libpq status question

From: Louis Castoria <louisc(at)e9(dot)com>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: libpq status question
Date: 2005-10-25 17:04:33
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I'm confused about something and need some help. I wrote a c routine
that uses libpq. The result codes are good when I use a select or
insert. if I use an update sql command string like "update
largetable set t01='update1', t02='update2' where mainkey='12'" and the
mainkey of 12 does not exist the result code is a 0 if the mainkey
exists I get a result of 0. How can I tell if the update was
successfully or not. Here is the code.

void

pgsql_exec_query( int *dbhandle, char *query, int *qryhandle, int
*status ) {
char
*r,*n=query;
int nfields, i,