Re: BUG #1985: cannot insert Chinese character into a table

From: Jeff Tong <jeff(at)tong(dot)cc>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #1985: cannot insert Chinese character into a table
Date: 2005-10-25 03:28:54
Lists: pgsql-bugs

How can I search the Unicode byte code seqence?

There is a Unified CJK Ideographs in the following website:
http://www.unicode.org/charts/

I chose some characters within that pdf file but none of them
can be inserted into utf8 encoded table.

I took another screenshot from latest 8.1 beta 4:
http://www.tong.cc/pgsql8.1beta3_2.png

Tell me more if I can help.