Re: 8.04 and RedHat/CentOS init script issue and sleep

From: Tony Caduto <tony_caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.04 and RedHat/CentOS init script issue and sleep
Date: 2005-10-20 14:18:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,
I tried changing the sleep command in the script to 2, but at boot it
still says [FAILED].
even though the script reports it failed, the db is up an running.

System is a Compaq DL380(2.5gb ram 2.4 dual 2.4gzh Xeon) running CentOS 4.2

I am going to install 8.1beta 3 on another box that is the exact same
hardware and OS version, I will report back what happens.

Not sure what is going on, has anyone else had this problem with CentOS
4.2 or Red Had EL 4.2?

Thanks,

Tony Caduto
http://www.amsoftwaredesign.com
Home of PG Lightning Admin for Postgresql 8.x