re:re tsearch2 problem

From: 沈一枫 <alphahunters(at)163(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: re:re tsearch2 problem
Date: 2005-10-18 09:52:31
Lists: pgsql-general

THANKS very very much again for Teodor Sigaev 's help.

really thanks.
>> I only know that GiST is also "Inverse Order OF Idexing",but of course
>> it is a tree NOT as lucene does
>Tsearch2 doesn't use inverted index (yet), and so it easy to update (your index
>is always full - online indexing), but it hasn't good performance on large data
>set. The limit is about 10^5 - 10^6 rows in practice.

I know the LUCENE " inverted index " is just like follows:

lexeme doc_id[frequence] location
guangzhou 1[2] 3,6
he 2[1] 1
i 1[1] 4
live 1[2],2[1] 2,5,2
shanghai 2[1] 3

so ,before I thought that A node In GiST tree is very like the above :
In the tree's node , it has several value for storing its's
turple_id[frequence] location ,
and that is why I thoutht the " inverted index " IN tsearch2.

BUT now , I'm lost again ,how does Gist tree store lexem and how to find his correspoding tuples in database( including frequence location)?Or to say ,how TSearch2 implement the Lucene's "inverted index" mean ?