Released *beta* v3.00 of the pgExpress driver

From: Vita Voom Software <vitavoom(at)vitavoom(dot)com>
To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
Subject: Released *beta* v3.00 of the pgExpress driver
Date: 2005-01-24 11:46:43
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-interfaces

Hello,

We just released the version v3.00 *beta* of the pgExpress driver. This
is a demo, 15 days enabled version of pgExpress, for those interested in
testing it.

For this beta, we have just the pgExpress dll and the libpq library from
PostgreSQL 8.0. It's not a complete package (we're finishing working on
that).

Among the changes, we have:

* PostgreSQL 8 support
* Asynchronous connections
* Delphi 8 and 9 support
* Libpq updated to v8.0
* Fixed a bug in bytea fields (VarBytes/Bytes field): it was missing the
2 bytes length specifier at the beginning of the stream.
* New translation system (gettext)
* Fixed ServerDecimalSeparator issue with localized servers
* Internal code cleanup and rearrangement
* Added multiple transactions support (pgsql 8+)
* Now pgExpress reads the actual object's name size from the server
(ISQLMedata's eMetaMaxObjectNameLength option). This will make it adjust
itself better to custom builds of the server where the the NAME fields
are not default (64 chars).
* Fixed TimeStampTz fields issue with locales that use ',' as decimal
separator

If you have a bug to report, we're very interested in hearing about it.
Please report us at support(at)vitavoom(dot)com

Download url: http://www.vitavoom.com/Downloads/Files/pgeDriver-3.00-beta.zip

--
Best regards,
Vita Voom Software