Re: How to insert "date" as timestamp

From: Aydın Toprak <aydin(dot)toprak(at)intengo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to insert "date" as timestamp
Date: 2005-10-13 08:33:38
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

My Object is java.util.Date ... first of all;
I make an instance of the Date object

Date date = new Date();

then

I am wirting the set methods of the preparedstatement as

query.setDate(1,date);

however eclipse gives an error message, which is "The method
setDate(int, Date) in the type PreparedStatement is not applicable for
the arguments (int, Date)"...
<b>(but eclipse say that it can!)</b>

so sorry for stack trace but I cant even compile it yet...

I need time of the day, and the date... timezone and other staff is not
important...

13/10/2005 11:30 .. or something like this is enough for me ...