Re: pgAdmin Translations

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: rkwjpj(at)puknet(dot)puk(dot)ac(dot)za, okhayat(at)yahoo(dot)com, lkostov_hobby(at)yahoo(dot)co(dot)uk, carmect(at)tv3mail(dot)com, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, troels(at)arvin(dot)dk, yiannis_pailas(at)yahoo(dot)gr, diego(at)adminsa(dot)com, abbasizad(at)hotmail(dot)com, psql(at)jorch(dot)net, blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr, aricoy(at)edu(dot)xunta(dot)es, finteh(at)finteh(dot)hr, kovzol(at)math(dot)u-szeged(dot)hu, apache(at)cosinus(dot)sederhana(dot)or(dot)id, frank_lupo(at)email(dot)it, saito(at)inetrt(dot)skcapi(dot)co(dot)jp, linas(dot)jankauskas(at)eniro(dot)lt, lauris(at)nix(dot)lv, tinodj(at)on(dot)net(dot)mk, brage(at)sisyfos(dot)zoo(dot)uib(dot)no, f(dot)van(dot)bemmel(at)hccnet(dot)nl, slawek(at)icpnet(dot)pl, angelo_rigo(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br, ruivilela(at)di(dot)uminho(dot)pt, nagykaroly(at)expert-software(dot)ro, mokhov(at)cs(dot)concordia(dot)ca, mkliska(at)hotmail(dot)com, ado(at)nirvanaclub(dot)sk, miha(dot)radej(at)siix(dot)com, saisuresh(at)cc(dot)usu(dot)edu, howard(at)mu(dot)edu(dot)ph, devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org, zaeem(dot)arshad(at)gmail(dot)com, laser(at)zhengmai(dot)com(dot)cn
Subject: Re: pgAdmin Translations
Date: 2005-10-04 17:59:00
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:
> Hello pgAdmin Translators,
>
> As you may be aware if you've been following this development cycle, we
> are intending to produce a beta version of pgAdmin 1.4 very soon now,
> with the intention of releasing 1.4 with, or just prior to PostgreSQL
> 8.1.
> We believe that the strings are now as they will be in the final
> release, so now seems like the ideal time to start on the translations
> for the release. Please grab the up-to-date .po file from
> http://www.pgadmin.org/translation.php, update as required and forward
> the resulting .mo and .po files to pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org (it
> might be worth CCing them to me in case the list bounces them for any
> reason).

There has been a minor update of strings, but the most interesting
information to give you translators is that pgAdmin now has a special
test mode that allows you to review all dialogs without having the data.
This makes it much easier to check the resulting translation.

When starting pgAdmin with the command line option -t, it will go into
translation debug mode. It will show a list of all dialogs available,
taken from the ui directory. You can select each dialog from the list,
and review the translated strings for length etc.

You'll need the dialog source files (*.xrc) copied to the ui directory,
or pgAdmin will come up with an error message if the files are missing.

Regards,
Andreas