Re: queries against CIDR fail against 8.0.3?

From: Russell Francis <rfrancis(at)ev(dot)net>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: queries against CIDR fail against 8.0.3?
Date: 2005-10-03 21:02:51
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Russell Francis wrote:

>>>Seems reasonable for us to offer a PGxxx class for every core backend
>>>type. Send them in and we'll take a look...
>>>
>>>Kris Jurka
>>>

>>Kris,
>>
>>Attached is an implementation for the proposed PGcidr & PGinet classes.
>> I have tried to follow the formatting conventions used in the geometric
>>extensions but is is a first attempt, please let me know if there is
>>anything else I should/could do to improve these.
>>
>>I will take any comments / suggestions and incorporate them into the
>>PGmacaddr class also.
>>
>>Cheers,
>>Russ
>

> Just realized that INET and CIDR also support IPV6 addresses too. I
> feel dumb :) let me take another stab at this.

Hello all,

I have completed what I think is a stable and well tested addition to
the JDBC driver for PG's extended network based types inet, cidr and macaddr.

For anyone who is interested at the following URL

http://jdbc.ev.net/

There are 7 files available for review and hopefully inclusion in the next release
if they are deemed fit.

A unified diff against the 8.1-dev-401 src
This includes the 3 new types, 3 Test classes as well as
minor modifications to AbstractJdbc2Connection.java and PGtokenizer.java
-------------------------------------
PGNetworkTypes.diff

Implementation of the 3 types.
-------------------------------------
PGcidr.java
PGinet.java
PGmacaddr.java

JUnit Tests of the 3 types.
PGcidrTest.java
PGinetTest.java
PGmacaddrTest.java

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to aid with this addition.

Cheers,
Russ