Re: Time to start the PR machine

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Time to start the PR machine
Date: 2005-09-30 17:31:56
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

----
Bitmap Scan: some indexes will be automatically converted to
bitmaps in memory, giving up to 20x faster index performance on
complex queries against against very large tables, such as those
found in data marts. Bitmap Scan also greatly reduces the need
for multi-column indexes.

Bitmap Scan: indexes will be automatically converted when appropriate...

when needed

----

----
Shared Row Locking: PostgreSQL's "better than row-level
locking" has been improved further through the addition of
shared row locks for foreign keys. Shared locks will improve
insert and update performance on some OLTP applications
^^^^

The word "some" sounds like it is a minority of OLTP applications.
In general any moderately used OLTP app will benifit from this yes?

many, most, or just say performance on OLTP applications.

---