Re: SQL command to dump the contents of table failed: PQendcopy()

From: ruben <ruben20(at)superguai(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SQL command to dump the contents of table failed: PQendcopy()
Date: 2005-09-28 09:40:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Tom:

No way to get the core dump, this is what I did:

1) Add "ulimit" to /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql just before pg_ctl start
in the "start" section of the script:

ulimit -c unlimited
su -l postgres -s /bin/sh -c "/usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl -D $PGDATA
-p /usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -l $DIRLOG/logfile start > /dev/null
2>&1" < /dev/null

I tried "man ulimit" but it didn't work, "man bash" returns the command
help.

2) Restart postmaster

/etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql restart

3) Run the query that produces the crash.

4) Search core file:

-bash-2.05b$ find /usr/local/pgsql/ -name '*core*' -print
-bash-2.05b$

Nothing comes up.

Thanks for your help.
Ruben.