Re: connection reset and I/O error

From: Rob Kirkbride <rob(at)rkcomputing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: mpr <mpruefer(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: connection reset and I/O error
Date: 2005-09-14 19:37:55
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

mpr wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm working on an application using PostgreSQL 8.0.3 via Hibernate
>2.1.6 in a JBoss 4.0.1 Appserver, with both appserver and
>postgres db running on the same machine with Windows XP SP2.
>
>I get the following errors in JBoss' log, does anyone know the problem
>and a solution? And yes, I already googled a lot for this problem.
>I use the postgresql-8.0-311.jdbc3.jar jdbc driver.
>

>Thanks a lot!
>

>--snip from the stacktrace--
>20:38:40,335 WARN [JBossManagedConnectionPool] Unable to fill pool
>org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection;

<snipped>

I haven't seen that error, all I can say is I'm using the same
techonologies, postgres jar and version on both Linux and Windows XP SP2
but using JBoss 4.0.2 and not seen the problem. It may be worth an
upgrade. JBoss tend to release early in my opinion. I'm still nervous
about using 4.0.2!

Rob