Re: could help me?

From: Chris Travers <chris(at)travelamericas(dot)com>
To: KLEBER SILVA <sbkleber(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: could help me?
Date: 2005-09-13 04:33:04
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-ports

KLEBER SILVA wrote:

>Hello to all,
>
>Gentlemen,
>
>I have a doubt with relation to the number of
>connections that the Bank of Dados (POSTGRESQL)
>supports in a machine "Pentium III with 256 MB
>Memory", could help me?

It depends...

How big are the data sets being accessed by the queries? How intensive
are the queries to run? How big is your typical database? What type of
hard drives do you have and how fast are they?

My best advice to you is to assume that PostgreSQL is close to the
commerical offerings in these areas and then test with realistic data
sets and your application.

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology Consulting