Re: Continuing encoding fun....

From: Marko Ristola <Marko(dot)Ristola(at)kolumbus(dot)fi>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Continuing encoding fun....
Date: 2005-09-08 17:38:38
Lists: pgsql-odbc

There is one thing, that might be good for you to know:

I tried
wprintf("%s",char_text) and printf("%ls",wchar_text) methods.
They don't work with LATIN1 under Linux.

gcc does not support NON-ASCII multibyte conversions.
gcc gives that responsibility for library functions.

That is so even for GCC 4.0.

So, at least libiconv is a good way to handle the multibyte conversions
robustly under Linux. That works if and only if the libiconv library works.

libiconv is LGPL licensed.

Regards,
Marko Ristola