last question.. sorry

From: Matthias Weinert <confusingness(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: last question.. sorry
Date: 2005-09-05 02:21:00
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I'm afraid, I know that i'm getting on your nerves, sorry... :(

I'm sure that you have written tons of MFC code with
CDatabase/CRecordset which uses cursors. In short words:
Database with > 20000 rows (and blobs in it), i want to use cursors to
fetch them in batchs (when the user wants to see the next batch).
But CRecordset::Open(....) always tries to get the complete statement :(

Already tried wild stuff like a simple copy from dbcore..
AFX_ODBC_CALL(::SQLExecDirect(m_hstmt, reinterpret_cast<SQLTCHAR
*>(pszSQL), SQL_NTS));
after some conversions, but of course this did not work... :)

Would be very kind if you mention some links or something like that.
(limit offset statements work, but it's not really nice...). code would
be great (for sure u wrote tons of it).

Thanks for answers...
Matthias Weinert