Re: Unicode support

From: Marko Ristola <Marko(dot)Ristola(at)kolumbus(dot)fi>
To: Marko Ristola <Marko(dot)Ristola(at)kolumbus(dot)fi>
Cc: Hiroshi Saito <saito(at)inetrt(dot)skcapi(dot)co(dot)jp>, Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, Anoop Kumar <anoopk(at)pervasive-postgres(dot)com>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unicode support
Date: 2005-09-03 08:00:45
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Marko Ristola wrote:

>However, according to Samba team's UNICODE problem descriptions,
>there are some problems: UTF-8 to EUC_JP conversion may be different
>on Linux and Windows, and on different conversion library implementations.

This was the Samba reference. I recommend you to read the applicable parts.
http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/Samba-HOWTO-Collection/unicode.html

I hope, that the multibyte into UTF-8 and vice versa is possible.
If not, disabling UTF-8 and UCS-2 seems to be the only workable choise :(

Regards,
Marko