Re: Cursor declaration

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Nigel Horne <njh(at)bandsman(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cursor declaration
Date: 2005-08-30 14:08:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Nigel Horne wrote:
> How do I declare a cursor in a stored procedure if that cursor contains
> a WHERE which depends on the argument given to that stored procedure?
>
> I can't get passed this message:
>
> 'Cannot mix placeholder styles "$1" and ":foo"'
>
> The message doesn't give a useful line number, so I don't even know
> which
> line it's complaining about.

Difficult to say - perhaps the source of the function would help. You
don't actually mention what language you're using even.

However, I'd look for anywhere you're using ":varname" since that isn't
valid plpgsql.

Then, I'd look at the OPEN ... CURSOR ... EXECUTE form of cursor opening
(see manuals for details).
--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd