Re: Areca 1260 Performance

From: Gene <genekhart(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Areca 1260 Performance
Date: 2006-12-07 16:02:27
Lists: pgsql-performance

I'm building a SuperServer 6035B server (16 scsi drives). My schema has
basically two large tables (million+ per day) each which are partitioned
daily, and queried independently of each other. Would you recommend a raid1
system partition and 14 drives in a raid 10 or should i create separate
partitions/tablespaces for the two large tables and indexes?

Thanks
Gene

--
Gene Hart