What *_mem to increase when running CLUSTER

From: Andrew Lazarus <andrew(at)pillette(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: What *_mem to increase when running CLUSTER
Date: 2005-08-25 19:24:38
Lists: pgsql-performance

Should I temporarily increase sort_mem, vacuum_mem, neither, or both
when doing a CLUSTER on a large (100 million row) table where as many as
half of the tuples are deadwood from UPDATEs or DELETEs? I have large
batch (10 million row) inserts, updates, and deletes so I'm not sure
frequent vacuuming would help.

Attachment Content-Type Size
andrew.vcf text/x-vcard 298 bytes