Re: TODO questions

From: Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: TODO questions
Date: 2005-08-25 05:03:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>>> ...when you comment something out, it should restore
>> ...the contrary position is that a comment is a comment...
> ...If I comment out a parameter I expect...

The most unambiguous behavior would be to not have
commented out values in the config file at all.

If someone wants to change a value and keep a reminder of
what the old value was, he's welcome to comment out the
original line himself. (assuming that was the thinking
behind commenting them out in the first place)