Re: Bad value for type date

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: dbadmin(at)nqadmin(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bad value for type date
Date: 2005-08-20 13:10:56
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Prasanth wrote:

> Below is a small program to test the JDBC date issue I have having.
>
> I am able to set the date "2/1/10000". But it fails to retrieve it.
>
> If it is invalid date then it should not even update the database right?

I can't reproduce this; the attached testcase produces this against my
8.0 install:

Inserting date: 10000-02-01 AD +1300
Got date: 10000-02-01 AD +1300
Got date: 10000-02-01 AD +1300

I get this using both the -310 driver and a build from CVS HEAD.

You'll need to give us a compilable testcase that shows the problem to
take this any further. The code you provided originally doesn't compile
out-of-the-box, is missing schema information, and has a syntactically
incorrect query..

It'd also help if you can reproduce your problem without involving a
RowSet implementation.

-O

Attachment Content-Type Size
TestDate2.java text/plain 1.2 KB