broken link on techdocs

From: Jeff Davis <jdavis-pgsql(at)empires(dot)org>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: broken link on techdocs
Date: 2005-08-10 20:20:58
Lists: pgsql-docs

I tried to access
<http://techdocs.postgresql.org/redir.php?link=http://jonathangardner.net/PostgreSQL/materialized_views/matviews.html>

and it says that the connection was refused. However, that's a useful
document and I'm not sure it has a replacement. Is this a temporary host
server problem, or is that a broken link?

Maybe for outside links we should periodically run one of those web
crawler things that checks for broken links. It seems unprofessional
when we have broken links anywhere on the site. Also, it can alert us to
resources that may need to be hosted somewhere more reliably.

Regards,
Jeff Davis