Re: Poll on your LAPP Preferences

From: Chris Travers <chris(at)travelamericas(dot)com>
To: brew(at)theMode(dot)com, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Poll on your LAPP Preferences
Date: 2005-08-09 18:42:46
Lists: pgsql-general

brew(at)theMode(dot)com wrote:

>Mike.....
>

>>If I can improve this process, then a developer can download my web app,
>>try it out rapidly, comparing it against others, and hopefully decide on
>>mine because I have made it easy to get started and easy to customize to
>>their tastes.
>>

>If it's a Linux-Apache-PHP-PostgreSQL web app you only need one user, the
>one your PHP script logs in as. Then maybe you could put the same
>randomly generated password in both postgres and the PHP script.

Who says? I sometimes require that the PHP app logs into the database
with the username/password suppled by the user. This makes it easier to
manage permissions. Of course you cannot use connection pooling in this
case without a partial rewrite of your app...

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology Consulting