Re: Left joining against two empty tables makes a query

From: Chris Travers <chris(at)travelamericas(dot)com>
To: Gnanavel S <s(dot)gnanavel(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Left joining against two empty tables makes a query
Date: 2005-07-28 16:55:53
Lists: pgsql-performance

Gnanavel S wrote:

> vacuum & reindex the department and project table as the planner
> expects there are 1060 rows but actually returning nothing.

I guess I should have mentioned that I have been vacuuming and
reindexing at least once a week, and I did so just before running this test.
Normally I do:
vacuum analyze;
reindex database ....;

Secondly, the project table has *never* had anything in it. So where
are these numbers coming from?

Best Wishes,
Chris Travers
Metatron Technology Consulting