Re: PLPGSQL OID Bug

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Kevin McArthur <Kevin(at)StormTide(dot)ca>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PLPGSQL OID Bug
Date: 2005-07-28 01:38:16
Lists: pgsql-patches

Tom Lane wrote:
> The other spots seem to be OK. Thanks for the report and fix!

Woops, my apologies for introducing the bug. In general I think it's
worth removing explicit initialization of out parameters unless that
initialization is actually needed. I thought I had checked that
`isnull=false' wasn't needed, but obviously I missed a case.

BTW, is there a reason why exec_cast_value() and friends take a bool *,
rather than a bool?

-Neil