Re: duplicate key violates unique constraint. (repost)

From: Michael Guerin <guerin(at)rentec(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: duplicate key violates unique constraint. (repost)
Date: 2005-07-22 15:34:11
Lists: pgsql-novice

I'm still getting this duplicate key violation error on the toast
table. I've re-indexed both the main table and the toast table, would
clustering the table, or recreating the table with a select into fix
this problem?

Also, I believe this index is created by the database so I shouldn't be
able to insert data that causes this error, shouldn't the database
complain a little louder about this error?

-mike