Setting up pgsql for ODBC

From: Stephan Hochhaus <stephan(at)yauh(dot)de>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Setting up pgsql for ODBC
Date: 2004-05-01 11:32:43
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,

I am currently working on a solution to set up PostgreSQL on Mac OS X
Server 10.3.3 and I want to enable ODBC support so that our client PCs
can continue using their MS-Access GUI which they are used to. My
questions:

- Is ODBC included in you average build of PostgreSQL or would I have
to download any add-on packages?
- Does anyone have experience with Access/PostgreSQL? Is it working
well? I have my doubts concerning the MS-anomalies I have found in
other areas of work..

Stephan