Re: Has anyone accessed postgresql in linux from VB code

From: "Greg Campbell" <greg(dot)campbell(at)us(dot)michelin(dot)com>
To: Minal <minalac(at)yes2etl(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Has anyone accessed postgresql in linux from VB code
Date: 2005-07-15 13:36:58
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Yeah, I think one or two people may have connected to PostgreSQL with
VB/VBA code.

Go to the Postgresql ODBC site
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/psqlodbc/projdisplay.php
Follow the FAQ links to a summary on using VB with postgresql.

You seem to have a connection string formation issue. Have you tried the
UDL trick. Go to the archives of this discussion forum.

Search for UDL, return data by relevence for better results than by
date. Or jsut google on how to use a microsoft UDL file.

The UDL trick will get you a complete connection string, but you don't
need most of the parameters. You mostly need to specify the server, the
database, the user and password, Optionally you can inlcude important
items like row versioning, long varchar return as, and booleans return as.

Minal wrote:
> Has anyone accessed postgresql in linux from VB code???
> I have added the following code..
>
> Dim MyDB As New ADODB.Connection
> Dim Rc As New ADODB.Recordset
> Private Sub Command1_Click()
>

> MyDB.Provider = "PostgreSQL"
>
> MyDB.CursorLocation = adUseClient
> 'MyDB.Open "Data
> Source=10.1.2.86;Location=trainneedcorp;'db_admin','admin'"
> MyDB.Open "DRIVER={postgresql};DATABASE=trainneedcorp;Data
> Source=10.1.2.86;PORT=5432;UID=db_admin;PWD=admin;"
> End Sub
>
> I am getting the error
> "No postgresql username specified in startup package"
>
> Minal

> match

Attachment Content-Type Size
greg.campbell.vcf text/x-vcard 241 bytes