Backups

From: "John J(dot) Urbaniak" <jjurban(at)attglobal(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Backups
Date: 2005-07-14 15:12:59
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,

I am new to this list and new to PostGreSQL.

My PostGreSQL applications will typically be small networks - maybe
from 1 to 5 users.

The data will be on a server, at, say

E:\PGSQLDATA

I have a question about backups:

Is it ok simply to zip the contents of E:\PGSQLDATA to a zip file and
store this file on a CD or DVD? I am sure that the data will not exceed
50 Megabytes, so it should fit on a CD.

Is there anything I am overlooking in such a backup procedure? Will
that backup everything I need to restore (via unzip) in case of emergency?

Thanks,

John J. Urbaniak
Aviar, Inc.