Re: Quotation marks in queries

From: Tony Caduto <tony_caduto(at)amsoftwaredesign(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Quotation marks in queries
Date: 2005-07-14 14:50:54
Lists: pgsql-general

The easiest solution is just not to use caps or spaces in your
table/object names, there is no advantage to doing so.
People just need to get over the fact that having caps in a name make it
easier to read.

My Test Table should be my_test_table, the naming makes no difference
to the application using the table.

Same thing with ordering of fields in a table, it makes no difference
other than for looks if the fields are in the order you want them
to be in.

It is much more of a pain to qoute your sql than it is to have it look nice.

Just my 2 cents on the subject.

Tony