Re: CreateTable --> schema not found

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Josef Springer <Josef(dot)Springer(at)JOOPS(dot)COM>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: CreateTable --> schema not found
Date: 2005-07-13 08:30:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Josef Springer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry, i am a PostgesSQL beginner:
>
> * I started the pgadmin tool as superuser.
> * Created the database /OfficeTalk/
> * Created the schema /OfficeTalk/ with same permissions as the template
> /pg_template_1/

Are you sure pg_template_1 isn't a database?

> * If i create the table /OfficeTalk.absent/ .... >>> * schema not found*
> * Creating the same table in schema /pg_template_1/ works fine.

If not, I'd suspect quoting issues. Fire up psql and do a \dn to see
what schemas are actually in your database - if they were quoted when
they were created they'll maintain their case, otherwise they'll be
lower-case.

Once you create something with mixed-case you'll always need to
reference it quoted, e.g.

CREATE TABLE "OfficeTalk".absent (
a int4,
);