Re: Field add error

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Jozsef Aron <jaron(at)ar(dot)hu>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Field add error
Date: 2005-07-04 10:36:24
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Jozsef Aron wrote:

> CREATE TABLE X.tabla (
> razon bigserial,
> 2e00 varchar(11),
> AS varchar(5)
> ..
> .
> PRIMARY KEY (razon)
> ) WITHOUT OIDS;
>
> Fields name is not ok., denied : 'AS','1e00','2e00'

I believe this is normal as regards identifier names. The word "AS" is
probably reserved (sorry, haven't checked) and I don't think you can
start an identifier with a number.

So - if you want to use these names you must quote them:
CREATE TABLE zzz1 ("2e00" int4);

If you would like to discuss this further, subscribe to the
pgsql-general mailing list where there are lots of people who can help you.

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd