OT: easiest way to create a custom PreparedStatement class

From: Kevin Murphy <murphy(at)genome(dot)chop(dot)edu>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: OT: easiest way to create a custom PreparedStatement class
Date: 2005-06-28 18:55:25
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I am modifying some existing data loading code (that only makes use of 4
or 5 methods from PreparedStatement) to optionally be able to *not*
connect to a database but instead dump either the generated SQL code or
the raw insert data to files on the file system.

It would be great if I could just overload PreparedStatement with my own
classes, but unfortunately it is an interface, so I presumably need to
implement stubs for the umpty-ump methods defined by PreparedStatement?

Is this true, and if so, what is the easiest/fastest way to do this (if
it is even possible)?

I am a java newbie, by the way. Don't flame me too hard. I did say
"OT", after all ;-)

Thanks,
Kevin