Re: Continue stmt for plpgsql

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Pavel Stehule <stehule(at)kix(dot)fsv(dot)cvut(dot)cz>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Continue stmt for plpgsql
Date: 2005-06-22 01:37:40
Lists: pgsql-patches

Neil Conway wrote:
> Attached is a revised patch.

Patch applied -- thanks, Pavel. I ended up using ERRCODE_SYNTAX_ERROR
when a CONTINUE is specified outside a loop. BTW, one minor annoyance is:

<<lbl>>
BEGIN
LOOP
CONTINUE lbl;
END LOOP;
END;

The current implementation will raise an error, as it should, but it
does so at runtime, and claims that "CONTINUE cannot be used outside a
loop". We could fix this by dividing labels into "block labels" and
"loop labels" at compile-time and only accepting a loop label for
CONTINUE, but I haven't implemented this yet.

-Neil