Re: TODO Item - Return compressed length of TOAST datatypes

From: Mark Kirkwood <markir(at)paradise(dot)net(dot)nz>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TODO Item - Return compressed length of TOAST datatypes
Date: 2005-06-21 04:44:36
Lists: pgsql-patches

I did a few cleanups on the last patch. Please examine this one instead.
The changes are:

1. Add documentation for pg_datum_length builtin.
2. Correct some typos in the code comments.
3. Move the code in toastfuncs.c to varlena.c as it is probably the
correct place.
4. Use ereport instead of elog.
5 Quiet compiler warning in pg_datum_length.

Best wishes

Mark

Mark Kirkwood wrote:
> The next iteration -
>
> Hopefully I have got the idea basically right.
>
> I wonder if I have done the "am I a varlena" the long way.., pls advise
> if so!

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_toast_compressed_length-3.patch text/plain 5.7 KB