Re: Making the DB secure

From: Geoffrey <esoteric(at)3times25(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Making the DB secure
Date: 2005-06-17 20:01:43
Lists: pgsql-general

Együd Csaba wrote:
> Dear Sean,
> yes, maybe.
> But actually I thought some suggestions. The only real problem of mine is to
> configure the SSL. I am able configure the pg_hba.conf (at least I think so
> now), we have a firewal on the server too.
>
> I meant that maybe somebody can suggest something to make the thing more
> secure.

If you want security, your database should be on one machine, your web
server on another and all behind your firewall which would be yet
another machine.

I tend to agree with a Sean. If you don't know what you're doing, you
should get a consultant who does. Production is not the place to learn
how to secure a box.

--
Until later, Geoffrey