vacuumdb suggestions?

From: David Siebert <david(at)eclipsecat(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: vacuumdb suggestions?
Date: 2005-06-15 15:45:09
Lists: pgsql-general

I have three scripts that I am running to do pg_dumpall and a vacuum on
my server.
one is run every night except Sundays.
one is run every Sunday night.
one is run the first of each month.
After I ftp the backup to a standby server the vacuum is run.
The database is pretty small it only grows by around 100,000 records a
year. It does have a good amount of transactions though. It manages our
tech support call back list.
Should I do a full or analyze each night?
Maybe an analyze each night and a full once a week?
any suggestions?