Re: patch for passing the cts

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: List <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: patch for passing the cts
Date: 2005-06-15 01:58:43
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Dave Cramer wrote:
> Oliver,
>
> So if we defer parsing, this will require changing the strategy to
> create the parameters as they are set, or registered.
>
> I would suggest using an ArrayList of Parameters, and grow this as
> required, then parse when it is executed.
>
> Do you have any suggestions ?

I'd go with storing a local array of parameters on the statement when
you're handling a {call}, and create the final query and assign
parameters just before execution.

You'll probably need to expose some parameter factory methods or
something similar on QueryExecutor since different implementations want
to store parameters differently.

-O